Starting from scratch
SETTING UP A SUCCESSFUL DELI
For anyone new to cheese or food retailing.
I know the pitfalls and problems faced by everyone setting up a deli and can answer the questions you won’t know to ask until you have opened. I can help convert your dreams into reality by individually tailoring the workshop to give you a deep understanding of what's involved, of the products you will sell especially cheese and deli products, and ensure your layout is effective and optimises sales.
I can tell you
- what you need to know to become a successful retailer
- how to channel your vision into a workable reality
- how to identify cheeses using the 7 major types of cheese
- how to taste food and develop a vocabulary to sell it to your customers
- about signage, display and merchandising
- what equipment you need and where to find it
- what organisations to join and where to go for help
- which exhibitions, festivals and events to attend
- who to buy cheeses from and whether to buy direct or from wholesalers
$750 for a half day or $1,500 for the whole day.[Includes cheese, charcuterie & deli products]
“We spent the day looking at the businesses around the table; what attracted us to the industry; what we were doing and what we hoped to be doing. With Juliet’s guidance it was possible to look at our businesses through a fresh pair of eyes, learn new techniques and consider new ideas. I found it particularly helpful as we were preparing for a major re-fit of our wine shop-cum-deli, Juliet’s thoughts were invaluable. The cheese tasting was fantastic, and lunch was sublime. Juliet thank you for giving me another dimension through which to view my business.
We followed this session on at the shop with a Cheese Masterclass hosted by Juliet, gathering cheese lovers from far and wide to talk cheese and wine. A really fun evening of exploration was had by all.”
– Nicola Grant, No2 Pound Street
“I attended your course and thoroughly enjoyed it. The tips and advice you gave were very pertinent to what I want to do. It also opened my eyes to the wonderful world that is cheese”
– Michael Thorne
“I had a splendid, encouraging and inspirational day last Monday. Thank you so much!”
– Justin Tunstall, Town Mill Cheese Lyme Regis
“In reply to your question ‘What I thought of Juliet’s talks?’ – I could listen to Juliet all day & did. She gets her message across. Fun & never boring, encouraging & motivating”
– Heather Stephen